Rules keep things sane in an otherwise insane world. Since this is a publicly viewable discussion, here are some rules to help keep things on track.
- All comments, whether articles or related discussion, are owned by their respective authors, not the site administrator. By posting here, you agree to hold the site and its administrator harmless, and you acknowledge your ownership of your posted comments.
- I am the only one allowed to post articles. It may seem egotistical, but it’s my website, my board. Any outside attempts to post articles will be routed to the virtual bit bucket. This does not mean I won’t read your submission; it does mean I won’t post it. This is not negotiable.
- Discussion is allowed, but try to keep it on-topic.
- Profanity beyond “damn” and “hell” will not be tolerated. Try to keep things agreeable to a very mature 13-year-old audience, with parental supervision. Any comments going beyond that will result in (a) immediate termination of the user account and (b) denial of access to the entire system, i.e. all connection attemps will be ignored. If your address looks like some sort of dial-up, your entire domain will be dropped. This also is not negotiable. The same goes for porn links, spam, racism, sexism, or baiting/bashing.
- Don’t post personal contact info, other than email. This is just good sense. If you really want to swap that kind of information, do it in email. Posting contact information (yours or someone else’s) other than email will result in the termination of your user account. I will not be held responsible for your ineptitude.
The rules are open for discussion and possible revision, but this is a good start.